Today's F1 News Delivered Faster Than a Pit Stop
Norris cautions Silverstone protesters, McLaren races to deliver upgrades, and other big updates from around the world of Formula 1.
Lando Norris, a British Formula One driver, and the organizers of the British Grand Prix have strongly cautioned protesters against endangering lives by targeting the event. Norris condemned such actions as stupid and selfish, emphasizing the potential consequences for both protesters and drivers. Stuart Pringle, the managing director of Silverstone, echoed these concerns, emphasizing the extreme danger of protesting on a live racing track. Security measures have been heightened to prevent disruptions, as the British GP attracts a significant global audience and has been previously targeted by protesters.
Click here to read the full article by Giles Richards (theguardian.com).
McLaren is in a race against time to have the second part of its Formula 1 upgrade ready for both cars at the British Grand Prix. The team initially planned to introduce 50% of the upgrade at the Austrian Grand Prix, with 25% at Silverstone and the final 25% at the Hungarian GP. However, due to time constraints, only Lando Norris received the first 50% in Austria, while his teammate Oscar Piastri had the older-spec McLaren. McLaren is now facing a similar situation for the British GP, aiming to have 75% of the upgrade on both cars. The team is manufacturing and delivering parts trackside as they become available, and priority will likely be given to Norris for the upgrades. McLaren plans to introduce the remaining 25% of the upgrade across multiple races, and the team is making organizational changes to improve development and learn from past mistakes.
Click here to read the full article by Josh Suttill (the-race.com).
Both Mercedes and Red Bull have assured the FIA that they are in compliance with the cost cap regulations and have nothing to hide regarding their non-F1 projects. Mercedes' technical director, James Allison, and Red Bull's Adrian Newey have been involved in non-F1 activities, prompting scrutiny. Mercedes has emphasized transparency, stating that all their non-F1 work is open to the FIA. Mercedes team principal, Toto Wolff, believes other teams have exploited the loophole but trusts the FIA to investigate. Red Bull also claims transparency and has worked closely with the FIA to ensure compliance. The FIA has intensified its monitoring of cost cap spending, issuing a detailed questionnaire to teams.
Click here to read the full article by Mark Scott (planetf1.com).
A renowned ex-Aston Villa player, Gabby Agbonlahor, who is now a sports analyst for both Sky Sports and Talksport, recently expressed his dissatisfaction with Formula 1 due to Max Verstappen's ongoing dominance, stating that he now finds the sport uninteresting and would prefer to watch cricket instead.
From the Hungarian grand prix, which costs $184, to Las Vegas GP, which costs $1667, these are the average 3-day ticket prices at each F1 race.