Today's F1 News Delivered Faster Than a Pit Stop
Formula 1 driver Valtteri Bottas has revealed that his nude calendar sales have generated over $150,000 for the Movember men's health charity. The calendar, initiated by the popularity of Bottas's previous photo prints, was created by photographer Paul Ripke and initially sold out with a run of 10,000 copies on www.bottass.com. Bottas, expressing gratitude on social media, explained that the project aimed to support prostate cancer research through Movember. Despite initial confusion from his mother, Bottas emphasized the importance of breaking taboos around men's health and raised awareness about the cause.
Click here to read the full article by Adam Cooper (motorsport.com)
McLaren Racing plans to achieve net zero emissions by 2040 and has announced the purchase of carbon credits from reforestation projects in the Amazon and CO2 removal initiatives in the UK and US. The Formula One team, acknowledging emissions from activities like air travel, will buy carbon removal credits from Brazilian startup Mombak for Amazon reforestation and partner with Scottish firm UNDO for CO2 removal through rock weathering. McLaren also collaborates with the Great Barrier Reef Foundation and aims to reduce emissions by 90% by 2040, using carbon offsetting for the remaining 10%, without disclosing the investment amount in its 'Climate Contribution Programme.'
Click here to read the full article bat malaymail.com
Former Mercedes junior Paul Aron and Amaury Cordeel are confirmed to race for the Hitech Formula 2 team in 2024. Aron, who finished third in the Formula 3 championship with Prema this year, will make his full-season debut in the second-tier series. Cordeel, entering his third F2 season with a third different team, only secured two points finishes in the previous season, placing 20th overall. The Hitech outfit's lineup for 2024 differs from 2023, featuring a fresh pairing after running Red Bull juniors Crawford and Hadjar in the previous season.
Click here to read the full article by Will Wood (racefans.net)
The post-season testing at the Yas Marina circuit was unique in its own way. It showcased several promising F1 rookies like Jack Doohan, Pato O'Ward, Theo Pourchaire, Frederik Vesti, and others, providing a fitting end to the 2023 F1 season. Yet, perhaps unnoticed, there were intriguing moments, like Felipe Drugovich donning Lance Stroll's boots.
Mercedes claimed the second spot in the Constructors' Championship after a closely contested season. In the Akkodis Race Debrief, Rosie Wait, the team's Head of Race Strategy, discusses key points from the Abu Dhabi GP. Wait breaks down some of the team's strategies during the race and provides insights into the damage sustained by Hamilton's car in the incident with Gasly.